Thursday, July 12, 2012

Checking in

I've received several emails wondering what was up so I thought I should pop in and say a few words.

We found a new soap, Honey from Pure Life Soap Company. Fabulous lather, very moisturizing. Ken likes what it does for his dry skin, but it has no scent for flower boy. So now we use the Honey bar, then he washes his chest and face with something scented. Now I can still bury my face in his chest before I kiss him good bye in the morning.

At work there is absolutely no change. After the big talk with HR and the new manager I was actually quite hopeful, but it seems it's still all words. I'm still in the cubicle. The write-up is still in my file. I still have not been given any details as to exactly what I need to correct. I still knit at my desk.

The only thing different is I'm finally getting to the point that I just don't give a shit about it anymore. At this point I probably could be labeled as having a bad attitude. I just don't freaking care. I don't do bored out of my mind very well so I don't anticipate working there much past the end of the year. We do have a tuition reimbursement program, I might stick around and take advantage of that. Get some certifications, make myself look better on paper.

A co-worker got a promotion. It's really kinda funny. I got to sit in on the interviews when we hired these two guys and I flat out told them that this was a dead end job. There was no promotion track. If they were planning on coming in and showing the company how smart they were and then be promoted, go elsewhere. Well, jokes on me. One got moved to the SAP team a year ago, and last week the second one was moved to SAP support. Quite a salary bump, which the guy really really needed and I am so stoked for him. Don't take it personal Tamara, it's just really rotten timing. LOL, right. Actions speaking louder than your words again. Yes, I am bitter. No he didn't knit at his desk. He read nfl.com and fail mail all day. One day he stood up and said "I have nothing to do, EVER." BUT he is wicked smart and can do the B.A. job with his eyes closed and like I said, he really needs the bucks and I am happy he will FINALLY have something to do. Sometime. Maybe. But he at least gets to do nothing for a lot more money now.

I have completely removed all the pictures from my cubicle except one. It's the one of Ken and I kissing at Texas Motor Speedway. I put a sticky note on it that says "This is what is important."  I have several sticky notes up. They say MORTGAGE, It's a paycheck, This job does not define who I am or my value, NOT YET, It makes sense if you don't think about it too hard. That last one is what a guy in another department says all the time. But it will be way easier now to just grab my one picture and leave when it gets to be too much.

Lillian's baby blanket is just about done. I've been playing around trying to knit flowers to attach to the blanket. I'm really proud of this piece. It's cheerful and soft. She kept coming up and trying to take it off my lap while I'm knitting in the evening. I finally had to stop knitting on it when she is here.

My current project is to sew Ken a jacket for night time at Burning Man. He found a cream/pink/gold paisley and flower print that he really liked. I made sparkly gold pants to go with it. I might make the lace dickey and the top hat to go with it. We will have to see about time constraints.

We took down the furniture from the Monkey Hut and found EIGHT female black widow spiders in the yellow bench. Several males too. Needless to say we have sprayed and wrapped everything to put into the shed until it's time to pack up and go. It's getting close! We got the notice from the post office that they tried to deliver the tickets today. I get to pick them up tomorrow! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

I know this isn't my usual style of post. I have a five mile long to do list and am typing this out quick just to get certain people off my back. That was a joke. Sorta.

3 comments:

  1. Hey TK, I found this article in the Toronto Star today. It's probably all stuff you already know, but I found it very interesting. It's all about chronic stress and how if f---s with your brain by suppressing neuretin, a gene that regulates neuroplasticity and protects against depression. So being chronically stressed not only increases the risk of depression, but it reduces the synaptic connections in your brain, makes it harder to form new ones, and ossifies the ones that remain. Scary... but empowering to know. Just say "no" to chronic stress!

    http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1225370--what-chronic-stress-does-to-your-brain

    P.S. I love that you're knitting at your desk. I love everything about your new, "bad" attitude towards your job. I feel like it's very healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Can't wait to see a pick of L's baby blanket when you're finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. You don't know me at all, I've been a "lurker" since you started this blog. I just stumbled upon it and I've been praying for you since I read one of your first posts. I've been thinking about you a lot lately just because you've not posted. I do hope that you're well. Blessings to you! I admire your strength and courage in sharing your thoughts and feelings. I hope that you're beginning to heal...

    ReplyDelete