Friday, September 12, 2014

What I have learned


My job does not define who I am. I can detach emotionally from this cubicle hell I am in. I can do my job to exceed my own satisfaction and take pride I how I do it. I do not need to look to my "food chain" for affirmation of what I do for my company. I look to my coworkers gratitude. I look to my callers heart felt appreciation of the help I provide. I look to that feeling I get figuring out an issue and resolving problems. I can look in my heart and my intentions and know that I gave fully of myself and my abilities. I earned my paycheck honestly.

You are not my family. Despite what you say at rewards banquets and mandatory staff meetings, you are not my family. Your words have rung hollow and cheap for too long. Too many of us have been hurt and no longer believe you. I do not have to drink the koolAid to be proud of what I do. In fact, by looking at you for what you really are, by recognizing your duplicity, I realize how strong I am. You did not and will not break me.

I am an Artist. With a capital A.  I create beautiful things.

I have a tribe.

I belong.

I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment