Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Life Goes On

I bought two new soaps the other day. Pre de Provence Lime Zest and Sweet Magnolia. I tried to find a more manly scent for Ken's sake, but he took one whiff of the magnolia and that was that. Lovely lather, not bubbly, a rich thick lather that is simply divine. I can't wait to get to the Lime Zest. I love a good citrus soap. When I first typed that line I typed Citrix. I knew something was off, but it took me a while to figure it out. Already work is taking over my brain.

So Ken has been going off to work each morning smelling of colgate toothpaste, colgate shaving cream, old spice original scent deodorant, and Pre de Provence sweet magnolia. I just smell like toothpaste and magnolia. He smells so yummy it's hard to stop hugging him and get out the door. This morning I rubbed my scarf on his chest and tried to capture the scent so I could have it with me at work. Didn't catch it all, but quite a bit.

We have had three days of work life without the management we had before and so far you can't really tell they're gone. We all just do our jobs and keep our heads down. I tried to reply and have some input to my direct bosses latest attempt at documenting something and immediately was put in my place. So, she is what and who she is regardless of who is supervising her. I wonder if she notices that none of us have anything to say in our staff meetings anymore. We all sit there and look at her like Whatever. It doesn't do any good to have an opinion or correct you. You have it in your head what you want and come hell or high water that's how it's going to be. Carry on, continue with the total destruction of all that we do well. I have my happy pills and a plan or two of escape.

Now that the other two are gone at least there won't be anyone there to cover the crap anymore. I have complete confidence in our new GM's ability to hire people. Our new CFO and General Counsel are excellent. If he hires an IT manager 1/2 as good, we have a chance. We have a new HR Manager but I don't know enough about her to make a judgment yet.

We still don't have an appeals process for write ups and for lying management. We are still in dire need of a voice on our behalf. The PEOPLE in our HR department are some of the best that God made, but the policies they have to work with, wow. Knowing their kind hearts, I can only imagine how tough it is sometimes.

And, there is a part of me that is worried about my old manager. She is a single mom and sole provider for her children. That concerns me. I know I know, she didn't worry about what she was doing to me or too my family. But she has to live with that. I have to live with me. And I'm concerned for her. Now, my old assistant  GM can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned. No sympathy at all. He has done too much harm to people I care about and to the company I work for me to give a crap how he ends up. I wish I could run into him so I could give him a nice fake hug and then tell him what a douche I think he is.

I almost said that without feeling guilty. I'll work on it.


2 comments:

  1. You could always tell the former manager that TWC has some great programs for helping large breasted, low, plunging neckline ladies like her...

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the commenter that asked about a specific name, yes, she is no longer with the company. But I am not using real names. I am not creating a web presence for them. They do have a right to privacy. So, company name, employee names etc are all changed. If you know, you know, if not then its just a story about me and how I'm dealing with my breakdown. Which is what I want it to be about.

    ReplyDelete