Monday, June 4, 2012

Things I learned this week


Fine dirt does in fact feel tickly and a little like bugs sliding down your back.

Lillian could sit for hours and dump dirt on her Mimi while her Mimi dumped dirt on her.

Candy is yummy. Dirt is ok. But Candy dipped in dirt is the bomb diggety. I got this second hand from Lillian.

Lillian's mommy does not like to nurse babies that are covered in dirt and sticky candy.

My new grandson Jett is a cuddler, but when he's awake he'd just as soon be propped up on something looking around.

Baby spit up still wipes off and really isn't as gross as Ken lets on.

I let way too much time go by between visits with my grandchildren.

WalMart yarn is cheap for a lot of reasons. It's a good yarn to learn with, but I don't really want to give anything I knit from it to anyone I care about.

We need a good yarn store in this town.

I need to own that store or I will need to get four more jobs.

I can calm myself from a panic attack before it gets full blown crazy making.

Ken does not like to have a conversation when driving in traffic. And all my little pointers about the various people on the road who are trying to kill us aren't all that helpful.

Ken does occasionally want me to "look at someone" when we drive by. I get to use my really mean face.

If Lillian is throwing a tantrum and I get down on the floor and throw one too, she doesn't know what to do.

My grandson Corbin gets just as excited about getting a book about horses as he does getting a BB gun for his birthday.

Corbin's mom says he can not shoot birds with his bb gun. I am taking over/unders on that.

When a four year old grandson climbs on your lap and you feel the sun warmed skin of his cheek resting on your shoulder, your heart grows two sizes.

People who tell you that God doesn't give you what you can't handle irritate the crap out of me.

There are people out there who try to one up your version of crazy. I know I'm not as crazy as your uncle, but I was crazy enough that it interfered with my life. That's all I need to know really. Knowing your uncle is certifiable doesn't really make me feel any better about me, but I do want to go hug him.

It really is fun to dye things under a tie-dyed monkey hut.

To get Ken to turn on the A/C all it really takes is to walk in the room and say "it's too hot to even THINK about sex."

Knitting with a silk/bamboo blend yarn is like knitting water.



4 comments:

  1. You're really getting the hang of this blogging thing. I'll be posting part three of your knitting adventures tomorrow. I'm still getting up the gumption to write my knitting story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read your knitting story. I know it has to be fabulous for you to be so passionate about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "People who tell you that God doesn't give you what you can't handle irritate the crap out of me."
    Exactly why I have perfected the DILLIGAF look. Google it.
    I have learned "sign language", just one.
    You're are doing soooo good!! Proud of you!! And I am still learning through you.

    ReplyDelete