Friday, May 25, 2012

Back to Work

Ken is dusting off my lunch box when I go into the kitchen. I tell him that I'm leaving before lunch but he says I still need to take some fruit and other healthy snacks with me. I make his sandwich, peppered turkey and horseradish cheddar on 7 grain and honey bread today. One of his favorites. He loads me up with two bananas, a peach, a plum, two clif bars, and the dehydrated vege chips. That should get me through a whole week. 

Today we use a new soap I found at the health food store. It's made by a lovely lady here in the Burg. It's a good shea butter soap, scented with Chanel No. 5. Nice lather, but really nothing can beat french milled soap for lather. The scent is lovely though and Ken spends extra time on my feet and shoulders. I give his lower back some forearm time. We both linger as long as we can.

As I'm getting dressed I comment that I'm going to have to adjust to wearing a bra again. I know, I was just grieving for the girls. Poor trapped babies. Just remember girls, we can set you free the second you get home. He has me laughing so hard I have a hard time getting the durn hooks together.

I put the GPS in your car so if you get flustered you can just hit HOME and follow the directions.  Also, I'm not going anywhere today, just staying in the Burg. I can come get you, or I can come sit with you somewhere. Just call or have Frank or someone call, ok?  OK, I love you. I love you too. 

Ken goes off to work smelling of Chanel No. 5, Colgate toothpaste, shaving cream and Old Spice. Simply perfection. I watch his truck lights disappear around the S turn. He flashes the brake lights at me several times.

I turn on my computer and the first message I read contains this:

1) Remember that this is temporary
2) Remember that the job is a means to an end to keep your house and to be able to fulfill your biggest dreams
3) You are not your job
4) The changes at your job are not reflective of you. 
5) Your emotional reactions to your job are a reflection of the care you have given work that has not been returned to you. That energy will be given back in ways that are thousands of times more awesome than what that job can provide.
6) You are surrounded by tons of people who love and care for you.

I think I'll print this out and have it on my cubicle wall right next to the picture of Ken and I kissing at Texas Motor Speedway. 

I have my knitting bag loaded, I have new pictures of my three grandsons to post on my wall. I am wearing one of my scarves, the purple one I made this week. Leslie suggested I take at least one with me to work as a reminder. I am also taking one of the chiffon sarongs with me to use as a wrap in case the A/C is blasting at work still. I have my recorder so I can tape instructions and meetings. Both for protection and for assistance with my short term memory issues. I have good food. 

I am so loved and blessed. I am a beautiful, capable, perfect child of God. 

2 comments:

  1. I want you to pack my lunches! If I had packed lunches, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to smell Ken


    Jonsi

    ReplyDelete