Thursday, May 31, 2012

Chapter Thirty-One

The thing about shea butter soap is it just melts away so darned fast. We are already on the tail end of this new bar of soap. I'm loving how it makes me smell, but for the money it really didn't last very long. This morning's shower however was glorious. Such a gift to give each other each morning. Intimacy, laughter, cooperation. Our shower is big, but it still requires a certain amount of dancing around each other.

While packing our lunches Ken was playing airplane aisle. You know, when you have all the space in the world to get around someone, but you pretend like you have to squeeze by them to get to something. Excuse me, excuse me, sorry, heading that way. Oh, oops, forgot something over there, excuse me, excuse me, so sorry. Oh whoops, was that me or you? Wait, is that my hand? Oh sorry, I thought I was grabbing the bread, excuse me, coming through. No matter how old they get they remain fifth grade boys. Thank God.

I leave for work happy, relaxed and knowing I am loved.

At work it continues to be a good day. Boss and manager both out for the day. Woot! I can just breathe and do my job. Glorious. I actually laugh and joke around with a couple of co-workers and feel a bit like my old self.

I have my appointment with an ombudsman on Monday to help me with my appeal. For now I will be very short on funds. I will only get paid for nine hours for last week, and only four hours a day this week. I did have some leave donated, but not enough. I am an emotion first type of person. I need to sit and let all the feelings about that situation just flow. I can not act on any of them right now as my actions would most definitely be fear based. Sit, pray, meditate, feel. Once the jumble has passed on by hopefully I can look objectively at our finances.

One foot in front of the other. Little tiny baby steps, but don't be afraid to sprint occasionally. Life is a grand thing and I mean to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment