Thursday, May 10, 2012

Lillian's dress

I looked all over Fredericksburg for a Baylor t-shirt. I wanted to make a little dress for Lillian to wear to Katelyn's graduation. Completely sold out. So, plan B. Found a yellow/gold t-shirt and a Baylor apron.

Raw materials:



Using a shirt that fits Lillian now as a guide, I cut a dress out of the 50 cent t-shirt from the thrift store:


I had Sarah remove the pocket from the apron. She was just sitting there NOT STUDYING for her finals so I put her to work. Then I attached the pocket to the dress:


Stretch the shoulder straps, tie into bows and sew on the pocket:

Lillian will more thank likely collect a lot of rocks in that pocket. She loves to carry around rocks.
I was going to put a row of the print from the apron as a little ruffle on the bottom, but when we tried it on Lillian we liked it fine just as it was.


And that went so well we made this one too:



Sorry it's so blurry, but she's hard to capture when she's on the move. 



1 comment:

  1. Aww these turned out so cute! I wish I could sew!! Glad to see your creative juices flowing. Please give Katelyn our love since we cannot be there. <3, Alli Mayo

    ReplyDelete